- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add water, oil and food colouring to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot! Use a little bit of flour if the play dough is sticky.
- When the play dough has cooled, gradually fold and knead in the yellow split peas.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Green and Speckled Play Dough Recipe
Posted by July 8, 2013 2 Commentson
I love the theme 5 Green and Speckled Frogs for early learning experiences and making green and speckled play dough is the perfect fit for this theme. It is great for setting up open-ended, hands-on and creative play dough activities for toddlers and preschool children. The recipe is super easy to make and involves using a basic play dough recipe, green food colouring and adding the magic yellow speckles with yellow split peas. I have used this play dough with my Kindergarten students and my 2, 5 and 7 year old here at home and will be sharing some activities shortly, so keep an eye out for them. Click here to print this recipe: Printable Green and Speckled Play Dough Recipe What you will need? 1 Cup Plain Flour 1 Tablespoons Oil 1 Cup warm water ½ cup Salt 2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar 2 Tablespoons Green Food Colouring ¼ Cup Yellow Split Peas How to make it?