Exploring Colours with a Mirror is a great way for children to play and learn with colours. The mirror reflects light which imitates a light table. Using coloured transparent cups and tokens enable children to blend and make new colours with the reflection of light. It is also a great opportunity for children to play creatively and imaginatively. What you will need?
To set up this invitation to play you will need a mirror (supervise), plastic transparent cups and tokens. Let’s Play
- Play creatively and make pictures with the tokens and cups.
- Sort the coloured tokens into the plastic cups.
- Make patterns around the outside of the mirror.
- Introduce other objects to the play opportunity.
- Tell stories of what is happening in the pictures.
- Add tokens together and count how many are in a group.
- Make letters using the tokens or even make your name.
- Creativity and imagination
- Fine Motor Development
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Cause and Effect
- Spatial awareness – experimenting with shape and space
- Language development – colours names
- Maths – Patterns