You will need a dropper, white vinegar, bi-carbonate soda, food colouring, containers to hold the different coloured vinegar and a tray. Let’s Play
- Mix different colours together to make new colours.
- Touch and feel the mixture, is it soft or is it hard?
- Talk about what it looks like, sounds like and smells like.
- Use describing words such as fizzing, erupting like a volcano and bubbling.
- Language development: Using descriptive words to express ideas and opinions.
- Make connections with real life experiences.
- Promote scientific thinking: predictions, observations, comparison, reasoning, data gathering, experimentation and evaluation
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Cause and Effect