This Zesty Lemon Scented Play Dough has a refreshing and zesty lemon scent which adds to the wonderful sensory experience of playing with play dough. This recipe was developed from a basic paly dough recipe with added lemon essence. It will provide hours of fun while tantalising the senses.
What you will need?
1 cup plain flour
1 Tablespoon oil
50ml Lemon Essence
½ cup salt
2 Teaspoons cream of tartar
1 Teaspoon of yellow food colouring
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, lemon essence and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing with it.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Tip: If the play dough turns out a little sticky, sprinkle a small amount of plain flour onto the bench and knead until smooth and combined.
Click here to download and print : Printable Zesty Lemon Scented Play Dough Recipe
Activities using the Zesty Lemon Scented Play Dough Recipe: Learning About Shapes with Play Dough