Jelly Play Dough Recipe is an easy play dough to make and by adding some jelly crystals to a basic play dough recipe creates a smooth, soft and creamy textured play dough.
Depending on what flavour jelly you add to this recipe will depend on the colour and scent of the play dough. For this recipe I added Passionfruit flavour which created a beautiful fruity tropical scented yellow play dough.
What you will need?
1 cup plain flour
1 tbsp oil
1 cup warm water
½ cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 85g Packet Jelly Crystals (Jello)
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add 85g packet to warm water and stir until mostly dissolved.
- Add jelly water and oil to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot! Use a little bit of flour if the play dough is sticky.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
To download and print this recipe click here: Printable Jelly Play Dough Recipe
Play ideas using the Jelly Play Dough: Jelly Play Dough Critters