Exploring Colours with a Mirror is a great way for children to play and learn with colours. The mirror reflects light which imitates a light table. Using coloured transparent cups and tokens enable children to blend and make new colours with the reflection of light. It is also a great opportunity for children to play creatively and imaginatively.
What you will need?
To set up this invitation to play you will need a mirror (supervise), plastic transparent cups and tokens.
- Play creatively and make pictures with the tokens and cups.
- Sort the coloured tokens into the plastic cups.
- Make patterns around the outside of the mirror.
- Introduce other objects to the play opportunity.
- Tell stories of what is happening in the pictures.
- Add tokens together and count how many are in a group.
- Make letters using the tokens or even make your name.
- Creativity and imagination
- Fine Motor Development
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Cause and Effect
- Spatial awareness – experimenting with shape and space
- Language development – colours names
- Maths – Patterns
For more Colour Activities <CLICK HERE>
3 thoughts on “Exploring Colours with a Mirror”
Love this idea!
Where did you buy the cups and tokens?
I love this! Can you tell me where you bought the cups & tokens?
Hi Debbie, I bought the cups in our local super market in the party isle. I think the cups are plastic shot glasses, haha! In regards to the tokens, I will be opening up an online educational toys and craft supplies shop by the end of the month and will be selling these tokens. If you are keen to buy them sooner, you could try Googling transparent maths tokens or try Educational Experience. Good luck 🙂