This Science Learning Tray Activity is a bit of fun for children to explore Bi-Carbonate Soda (baking soda) and Coloured Vinegar.
The reaction between these two properties is always exciting to watch and kids will have fun adding different coloured vinegar to the experiment. It is a great way to encourage scientific thinking and skills.
What you will need?
- Mix different colours together to make new colours.
- Touch and feel the mixture, is it soft or is it hard?
- Talk about what it looks like, sounds like and smells like.
- Use describing words such as fizzing, erupting like a volcano and bubbling.
- Language development: Using descriptive words to express ideas and opinions.
- Make connections with real life experiences.
- Promote scientific thinking: predictions, observations, comparison, reasoning, data gathering, experimentation and evaluation
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Cause and Effect
Find more Learning Tray Activities <CLICK HERE>