Threading Activity for Kids: When setting up this threading activity for kids, my goal was to make it bright and inviting using different materials. The Coloured Wooden Spools and different Shape Buttons are very much bright and inviting for to arouse children’s curiosity.
The wooden spools and buttons added to the learning experience by introducing sorting by colours and shapes. The open-ended nature of the activity also sparked creativity and learning about patterns.
What you will need?
You will need wooden spools, coloured shape buttons and different coloured pipe cleaners.
This threading activity is open-ended for the child to explore creatively and imaginatively. The ideas are endless for learning opportunities.
- Sorting by colour or shape.
- Making patterns along the pipe cleaner.
- Matching the coloured pipe cleaner to the different coloured buttons or wooden spools.
- Create jewellery and other items such as a watch or hair tie.
- Fine Motor Development
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Language development – colours, discussing the process
Click here for more FINE MOTOR activities & play ideas