Sweet Apple Scented Play Dough Recipe
Sweet Apple Scented Play Dough is a beautiful textured play dough that smells just like an apple, adding to the wonderful sensory play experience. The apple scent comes from adding apple fragrant shampoo to a basic play dough recipe. The shampoo creates a soft and smooth the play dough feel soft and smooth and great for manipulating.
What you will need?
1 Cup Plain Flour
2 Tablespoons Oil
50ml Apple Fragrant Shampoo
½ Cup Salt
2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
Red Food Colouring (continue to add until desired colour is achieved)
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, shampoo, colouring and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot!
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing kneading in the flower petals.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Tip: If the play dough turns out stick, sprinkle a small amount of plain flour onto the bench and knead until smooth and combined.
Click here to download and print – Printable Sweet Apple Scented Play Dough Recipe
Activities using this Sweet Apple Scented Play Dough – Apple Play Dough Maths