- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, shampoo, colouring and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot!
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing kneading in the flower petals.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Sweet Apple Scented Play Dough Recipe
Posted by January 9, 2013 1 Commenton
Sweet Apple Scented Play Dough is a beautiful textured play dough that smells just like an apple, adding to the wonderful sensory play experience. The apple scent comes from adding apple fragrant shampoo to a basic play dough recipe. The shampoo creates a soft and smooth the play dough feel soft and smooth and great for manipulating. What you will need? 1 Cup Plain Flour 2 Tablespoons Oil 200ml Water 50ml Apple Fragrant Shampoo ½ Cup Salt 2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar Red Food Colouring (continue to add until desired colour is achieved) How to make it?