- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, lemon essence and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing with it.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Zesty Lemon Scented Play Dough Recipe
Posted by January 20, 2013 1 Commenton
This Zesty Lemon Scented Play Dough has a refreshing and zesty lemon scent which adds to the wonderful sensory experience of playing with play dough. This recipe was developed from a basic paly dough recipe with added lemon essence. It will provide hours of fun while tantalising the senses. What you will need? 1 cup plain flour 1 Tablespoon oil 200ml Water 50ml Lemon Essence ½ cup salt 2 Teaspoons cream of tartar 1 Teaspoon of yellow food colouring How to make it?