- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add a small amount of brown colouring to warm water and stir until blended.
- Add coloured water and oil to dry ingredients.
- Whisk before heating to remove lumps and blend the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out play dough onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot! Use a little bit of flour if the play dough is sticky.
- Knead and roll the play dough in the sand and bread crumbs, only adding a small amount at a time.
- Any left-over sand and bread crumbs can be placed into a small bowl for children to add while playing with the Sandy Beach Play Dough.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Sandy Beach Play Dough Recipe
Posted by January 15, 2014 9 Commentson
Sandy Beach Play Dough is a wonderfully textured play dough that imitates beach sand. It looks and feels like beach sand. Children will have hours of fun moulding, printing and shaping the play dough into sand castles and other beach themed creatures. What you will need? 1 Cup Plain Flour 1 tbsp Oil 1 Cup Warm Water ½ Cup Salt 2 tsp Cream of Tartar ½ Cup bread crumbs ¼ Cup Sand (dry, clean sand) Brown Paint or Food Colouring How to make it?