Using real toy teddy bears brings this activity to life! It promotes imagination, creativity, learning and fun!Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, (Finger circulating small circles around ted’s tummy)A one step, a two-step, (Walking finger actions)Tickling him under there! (Tickling ted under the chin)Print lyrics here Everybody clap (clap)Everybody sing (la la la la la)Bow to your partner (bow teddy)Then you turn around (spin teddy around)Hands in the air (place ted’s hands in the air)Rock-a-bye your bear (cradling ted in arms)Bear’s now asleep (sh sh sh)Print lyrics here Use a teddy bear to follow the actions to this song:Teddy bear teddy bear turn aroundTeddy bear teddy bear touch the groundTeddy bear teddy bear turn off the lightTeddy bear teddy bear say good nightPrint more verses here Benefits of singing nursery rhymes:
- Develop and extend vocabulary.
- Rhyme – understanding rhyme in our spoken language helps children learn to read.
- Rhythm- helps children to remember words and develop auditory memory skills.
- Phonemic awareness – hearing and understanding that words are made up of individual sounds and other word patterns.
- Fine motor skills and coordination – Encourages actions and movement.