Valentine’s Day is often associated with hearts and the colour red symbolising love. To make things fun and keep it simple the Valentine‘s day play dough is bright red and has heart candy sprinkles kneaded through it to incorporate some of these symbols.
What you will need?
1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
½ cup salt
¼ cup Candy Hearts Sprinkles
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 Tablespoons bright red food colouring
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before kneading in the Sprinkle Hearts.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
- If the play dough is too warm the Candy Hearts will melt.
- I also found that little warm hands melted some of the Candy Hearts during playing with it. I had some in sprinkle hearts in a small bowl to add to the play dough during play time.
Activities to use the Valentine’s Day Play Dough–
To download and print this recipe click here–Recipe for Valentine’s Day Play Dough