Strawberry Scented Play Dough is a basic play dough recipe with added strawberry essence and chocolate sprinkles to imitate that of real strawberries.
What you will need?
1 cup plain flour
1 Tablespoon oil
50ml Strawberry Essence
½ cup salt
¼ cup chocolate sprinkles
2 Teaspoons cream of tartar
1 Teaspoon of rose pink food colouring
How you make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, strawberry essence and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before kneading in the chocolate sprinkles.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
- If the play dough is too warm the chocolate sprinkles will melt.
- I also found that warm hands melted some of the chocolate sprinkles during playing with it. I had some in chocolate sprinkles in a small bowl to add to the play dough during play time.
We used our Strawberry Scented Play Dough at our Strawberry theme birhtday party, to take a look here – Strawberry Theme Birthday Party.
To print and download this recipe click here –Recipe for Strawberry Scented Play Dough