Nutmeg Scented Autumn Play Dough is a beautiful spicy scented play dough that brings together all the wonderful elements of autumn. The nutmeg, cinnamon, brown colouring and red and gold glitter have been added to celebrate the changing colours in leaves.
What you will need?
1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
½ cup salt
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoon food colouring
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Sprinkle of red and gold glitter
Extra teaspoon oil
How to make it?
1. Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar, glitter, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a saucepan.
2. Add oil, colouring, and water to dry ingredients.
3. I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients.
4. Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
5. Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob. Be careful it will be hot.
6. Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
To download and print this recipe click here: Nutmeg Scented Autumn Play Dough Printable Recipe
For play activity ideas with the Nutmeg Scented Play Dough click here: Autumn Play Leaf Prints