Number Line Counting is a maths activity that involves children sorting numbers along the number line. It is a great way for children to learn numbers, counting and also develop early graphing skills.
What you will need?
You will need magnetic numbers, magnetic easel board and a number line.
You can download and print the number line here:Rainbow Number Line 1-10
We have laminated out number line for more durability and so that we can re-use it on other number activities.
- Sort each number to match the correct number on the number line.
- Point and counting each number on the number line.
- Talk about which numbers have the most numbers matching.
- Fine Motor Development – manipulating objects.
- Hand-eye Coordination and Control
- Language development – Counting our loud and pronunciation of numbers.
- Mathematics – Recognising numbers, value of numbers and early graphing skills.
- Sorting by number.
For more Number and Maths Activities <click here>