Space Play Dough is a recipe designed to create a type of play dough that imitates the space or the galaxy sky. It is a dark black colour mimicking the night sky and the gold glitter shimmers and resembles the sparkling stars in outer space.
Children will have hours of fun moulding, printing and shaping the play dough. Try creating mythical space creatures or a space ship, the imagination is endless!
What you will need?
2 cup Plain Flour
2 tbsp. Oil
2 Cup Warm Water
1 Cup Salt
4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
4 tsps. Black Food Colouring
1 ½ tbsp. Gold Glitter
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt, glitter and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add a black food colouring to warm water and stir until blended.
- Add coloured water and oil to dry ingredients.
- Whisk before heating to remove lumps and blend the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out play dough onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot! Use a little bit of flour if the play dough is sticky.
- Knead and roll the play dough until smooth.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
You can download and print the recipe here: Space Play Dough Recipe