Number Pegs Boards Free Printable is an activity to help children recognise numbers in a fun, engaging and hands-on learning opportunity.
My children and the children in my class absolutely love to play with peg boards.
They can create some pictures, words, numbers, letters and their name.
Today I am sharing with your some images I made as a guide to create numbers and patterns using the pegs and peg board.
What you will need?
You will need a peg board, pegs and Free Printable Numbers. We have laminated our numbers for more durability and so we can re-use them.
Click here to download and print:
- Create numbers using the picture as guide to make the correct shape of the number.
- Match the coloured pegs in the photo to create the same pattern in the number.
- Talk about the number and its shape. What does it look like? Such as straight lines, crosses over, etc.
- When the number has been made, run your finger over the pegs to draw the number with your finger.
- Fine Motor Development
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Spatial awareness – experimenting with shape and space
- Language development
- Number Recognition
- Patterns and colours