Lavender Scented Play Dough Recipe creates lightly scented lavender play dough that stimulates the senses while creating and playing. It is a silky smooth play dough that is textured with finely chopped lavender leaves and flowers, heightening the lavender scent and sensory play experience.
Lavender Scented Play Dough is a pale purple, lilac colour mimicking the colour of lavender flower petals.
Children will have hours of fun moulding, printing and shaping the play dough into creative and imaginative sculptures.
What you will need?
2 Cups Plain Flour
2 tbsp Oil
2 Cup Warm Water
1 Cup Salt
4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tbsp Lavender Scented Oil
2 tsp Purple Food Colouring or paint
¼ Cup finely chopped lavender leaves and flowers.
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add a purple food colouring to warm water and stir until blended.
- Add coloured water and oil to dry ingredients.
- Whisk before heating to remove lumps and blend the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out play dough onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot! Use a little bit of flour if the play dough is sticky.
- Knead and roll the play dough until smooth.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Please note:Please always supervise young children around things that they may place into their mouths. Lavender oil should not be ingested.
To download and print the recipe: Lavender Scented Play Dough Recipe
If you are looking for more play dough recipes <click here>