C is for Cotton Cloud Letter C Activity is an activity that was inspired by the book Little Cloud by Eric Carle. It is a great story to introduce children to the letter c and motivate them into making their very own cotton cloud in the shape of the letter C.
Making the letter C cotton cloud is simple and fun activity that provides the opportunity to expose children to the C, identify what the letter C looks like and what sound it makes.
I have incorporated a free printable for this activity in both cursive and standard print. The dotted letters provides the opportunity for children to practice reading and writing as they trace over the dotted letters.
Keep an eye for more activities coming soon here on Learning 4 Kids that were inspired by the Little Cloud by Eric Carle.
What you will need?
You will need cotton balls, PVA craft glue, glue brush or pop stick, Little cloud by Eric Carle and our C is for Cotton Cloud printable.
Click here to download and print:
To complete the activity children use the glue brush to paint on the PVA craft glue into the space of the letter C. It is best to place the glue onto the paper and not apply the glue to cotton ball as the glue brush become covered in cotton wool. Children then fill the letter C space with cotton balls. Add extra glue to paper as needed to ensure all the cotton wool balls are glued down.
- After reading the book Little Cloud by Eric Carle, go back through the book and see how many letter ‘c’ you can find.
- On the printable, ask your child to circle all the letter C they find.
- Encourage good pencil grip and support your child’s hand if necessary when writing.
- When the letter C cloud is completed and dry, you may like to cut it out and glue it onto a blue paper for the sky.
- Talk about other words that begin with the letter C.
- Watch videos on YouTube that are about the letter C.
The dotted letters provides the opportunity for children to practise reading and writing as they trace over the dotted letters.
- Letter recognition
- Fine Motor Development
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Control
- Phonemic awareness – hearing and understanding that words are made up of individual sounds and other word patterns.
- Problem Solving
Click here for more ALPHABET activities & play ideas
Click here for more A to Z activities & crafts
Other Letter C Activities on Learning 4 Kids: C is for Cool Car