Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats are a great way to assist children with, fine motor coordination, letter formation, pre-writing and handwriting development.
The Alphabet Letters Tracing Mats come in a colourful rainbow theme with uppercase and lowercase letters and join the dots along the line. Children trace over the white lines, starting at the dot and following the arrows for guidance. Each letter mat has a matching picture to that letter sound such as letter A is pictured with an apple.
The laminated Letter Tracing Mats become a dry erase mat that you can write on them with a whiteboard marker and wipe off. Children can practice writing their letters using a whiteboard marker as it simply wipes off with a tissue, cloth or magic erasers.
We also have some Printable Number Tracing Mats- click here!
What you will need?
You will need Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats, a white board marker and a cloth, tissue or eraser to for wiping the board clean.
When laminated these A4 landscape posters are reusable as a write on and wipe off using whiteboard markers. The dots and arrows are provided as a guide for starting position and direction to move the writing implement.
These pages allow children to trace the letters to assist with pre-writing development and letter formation. Here are some ideas and tips on how you can use the Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats with children.
- Learn the new letter pattern as a big body movement.
- Using the point finger, draw the letter into the air with oral prompting cues. Such as make a pointing finger, start at the top, and draw a line down, up and around.
- Now on the tracing mats, using your pointing finger trace over the lines to form the letter shape, again using repetitive oral prompting cues to guide.
- Start with the child’s favourite letters, letters they know or the letters in their name.
- Only introduce a couple of letter or number tracing mats at a time to avoid overwhelming the child.
- Point to which is the capital letter and which is the lower case letter.
- Count the capital and lowercase letters. Write the number beside it.
- Talk about the letter and what sound the letter makes.
- Point to the picture on the page and stress the letter’s sound in that word “AAAApple starts with A”
- Try writing a few letters or numbers without tracing.
- Hand-eye coordination and fine motor control.
- Tracing letter and number shapes over guided lines.
- Commencing the letter formation in the correct location.
- Guidance with correct letter and number patterns. How to form the letter or number?
- Guidance with pencil grip.
- Letter recognition: letter name and sound.
Download and Print
You can download our Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats through our Learning 4 Kids online shop.
There are two fonts available:
Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats in STANDARD Print
Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats in CURSIVE Print
Printable Number Tracing Mats
You can download our Printable Number Tracing Mats also in our Learning 4 Kids online shop.