Printable Number Tracing Mats are a great way to assist children with, fine motor coordination and control, number formation, pre-writing and handwriting development.
The Number Tracing Mats come in a colourful rainbow theme with numbers 0 to 9. Children trace over the white lines, starting at the dot and following the arrows for guidance. Each number mat has a cute animal picture making them fun and bright.
The laminated Number Tracing Mats become a dry erase mat that you can write on them with a whiteboard marker and wipe off. Children can practice writing their numbers using a whiteboard marker as it simply wipes off with a tissue, cloth or magic erasers.
We also have Printable Alphabet Letters Tracing Mats – click here!
What you will need?
You will need Printable Number Tracing Mats, a white board marker and a cloth, tissue or eraser to for wiping the board clean.
When laminated these A4 landscape posters are reusable as a write on and wipe off using whiteboard markers. The dots and arrows are provided as a guide for starting position and direction to move the writing implement.
The Printable Number Tracing Mats allow children to trace the numbers to assist with pre-writing development and number formation. Here are some ideas and tips on how you can use the Number Tracing Mats with children.
- Learn the new number pattern as a big body movement.
- Using the point finger, draw the number into the air with oral prompting cues. Such as make a pointing finger, start at the top, and draw a line up and around, then down and across.
- Now on the tracing mats, using your pointing finger trace over the lines to form the number shape, again using repetitive oral prompting cues to guide.
- Start with the child’s favourite numbers, numbers that they know or the number of their age.
- Only introduce a couple of number tracing mats at a time to avoid overwhelming the child.
- Point to which numbers has straight lines, rounded lines or windows (holes).
- Count how many numbers are on the page and write the number beside it.
- Try writing a few numbers without tracing.
- Hand-eye coordination and fine motor control.
- Tracing letter and number shapes over guided lines.
- Commencing the letter formation in the correct location.
- Guidance with correct letter and number patterns. How to form the letter or number?
- Guidance with pencil grip.
Printable Number Tracing Mats
You can download our Printable Number Tracing Mats through our Learning 4 Kids online shop.
With every purchase you will also receive a FREE Printable Follow the Tracing Mats
Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats
You can also download our Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats in our Learning 4 Kids online shop.
Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats CURSIVE PRINT
Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats STANDARD PRINT
7 thoughts on “Printable Number Tracing Mats”
Where can I buy one in Namibia?
Hi Marlyn, these printable mats are a downloadable product. They are available to purchase in Namibia. At the checkout select Namibia at the country option and follow the prompts. Hope this helps and thank you! 🙂
I live in Kimberley (South Africa, In the Northern Cape) were can I find it.
You are able to purchase the printables via our online shop. Once payment is received, an automatic email is sent to your inbox with the links for you to download the tracing mats. From this link you are able to download, print and if you like laminate. The online shop allows orders from all over the world because it is a downloadable product. Please let me know if I can help any further, thanks 🙂
I love your number mats and would love to purchase them. Is there a way that you could do a set that has the starting point on the 5 at the top of the downward stroke as we always start there and then “put the hat on” (horizontal top stroke) last. That’s how all Australian school,children are taught.
Hi Im, Thank you for your comment. My website is based in Australia and I teach in Australian schools. I have found that most customers on my website have wanted the number 5 as it is displayed in this printable. If you are looking for something along the lines of the rhyme you have mentioned “short neck, big round tummy, hat on top, five looks funny” this printable might be useful. https://www.learning4kids.net/product/dot-to-dot-number-rhyme-charts-cursive-print/ Thanks 🙂