Printable Number Tracing Mats are a great way to assist children with, fine motor coordination and control, number formation, pre-writing and handwriting development.
The Number Tracing Mats come in a colourful rainbow theme with numbers 0 to 9. Children trace over the white lines, starting at the dot and following the arrows for guidance. Each number mat has a cute animal picture making them fun and bright.
The laminated Number Tracing Mats become a dry erase mat that you can write on them with a whiteboard marker and wipe off. Children can practice writing their numbers using a whiteboard marker as it simply wipes off with a tissue, cloth or magic erasers.
What you will need?
You will need Printable Number Tracing Mats, a white board marker and a cloth, tissue or eraser to for wiping the board clean.
When laminated these A4 landscape posters are reusable as a write on and wipe off using whiteboard markers. The dots and arrows are provided as a guide for starting position and direction to move the writing implement.
The Printable Number Tracing Mats allow children to trace the numbers to assist with pre-writing development and number formation. Here are some ideas and tips on how you can use the Number Tracing Mats with children.
- Learn the new number pattern as a big body movement.
- Using the point finger, draw the number into the air with oral prompting cues. Such as make a pointing finger, start at the top, and draw a line up and around, then down and across.
- Now on the tracing mats, using your pointing finger trace over the lines to form the number shape, again using repetitive oral prompting cues to guide.
- Start with the child’s favourite numbers, numbers that they know or the number of their age.
- Only introduce a couple of number tracing mats at a time to avoid overwhelming the child.
- Point to which numbers has straight lines, rounded lines or windows (holes).
- Count how many numbers are on the page and write the number beside it.
- Try writing a few numbers without tracing.
- Hand-eye coordination and fine motor control.
- Tracing letter and number shapes over guided lines.
- Commencing the letter formation in the correct location.
- Guidance with correct letter and number patterns. How to form the letter or number?
- Guidance with pencil grip.
Printable Number Tracing Mats
You can download our Printable Number Tracing Mats through our Learning 4 Kids online shop.
With every purchase you will also receive a FREE Printable Follow the Tracing Mats
Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats
You can also download our Printable Alphabet Letter Tracing Mats in our Learning 4 Kids online shop.