Creative Play – Mini Cupcakes

BY ON Sep 14, 2011
mini pompom cupcakes

Mini cupcakes are a simple, colourful and creative craft activity for kids!

There are so many fun games and imaginative play times to be had with them.

What you will need?

Making mini pompom cupcakes

You will need bottle tops, PVA glue or craft glue, large and mini pom poms.

Let’s Create

Place a small blob of glue in the bottom of a bottle top and firmly place a large pom pom on top.  Next, place a small amount of glue on top of the large pom pom and place a mini pom pom on top.

Let’s Play

imagaintive play cupcakes

Set aside to allow the glue to dry before playing with them.

Other ideas!

• The creative ideas and colour combinations are endless!
  •  Mini cupcakes are great for imaginative play and I will be posting some great activities where you can use them.

You may also be interested in:

LIKE THIS POST  Come join the many playtimes here on Learning4kids, please enter your email address in the subscription box to receive updates right to your inbox!

12 Responses to “Creative Play – Mini Cupcakes”

1. Carly says:

I love this idea! Great for simple, yet very effective dramatic play props… plus could be used when singing the “5 Cup Cakes in the Baker Shop” song! I need to go and make some mini cup cakes and start playing! Thanks for sharing!

2. Janice says:

Hi Carly…..thank you for your lovely comment!

We must be very alike because you share the same thoughts as me! :) You are absolutely right about these being an effective imaginative play prop and I will soon be sharing my girls playing little bakers with these cupcakes and singing the song “10 Mini Cupcakes in a Baker’s Shop”. Wonderful! Thanks for stopping by!

xx

3. Aruna Deenamani says:

I like the idea of mini cup cales using milk bottle cap and pompoms

4. Belinda says:

Great Idea Janice
    These are such an easy messy free thing to do.
    You could make these birthday cupcakes as a craft for a party. I’ve started collecting caps already!

5. mermaid says:

Love them! Very, very cute!
    Will be making some for our dollies soon :)
    Thanks for sharing.

6. these are adorable & so easy to put together!

Would love to invite you over to my weekly child centered linky party – The Sunday Showcase to share your idea.

You can link up here – http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Bernadette

• Janice says:

Hi Bernadette!

Thanks for stopping by!

Learning 4 kids is still very new (1 month) and I will definitely head over and join the Sunday linky party…….thanks for letting me know. What a fabulous idea!!

Janice
      x

7. Vicky says:

This is such a super cute idea! Finally a use for all those bottle caps I’ve been saving. I have pinned this and am a new fan on Facebook. Found you via the Sunday Showcase! Vicky @ http://www.messforless.net

8. What a great site! I just hopped over from It’s Playtime. I love this idea! I can’t wait to follow your site:)

• Janice says:

Hi Kate! I am so thrilled you love the site. I only started Learning4kids last month, so it is absolutely wonderful that you found us!
      Off to have a look at your blog! Thanks for stopping by!
      xx

9. Oh, what a cute and simple idea. Fabulous! :)