Gingerbread Man Cookies are a favourite in our house!
We added green and red smarties to make them more christmasy.
They are so much fun to make!So much learning happens when we cook with our kids. The social interactions, processing of information, following instructions and the pride of making something to share together as a family.
You will need:
Green and red smarties to decorate
Gingerbread cookie cutter
125g softened butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup golden syrup
1 egg, separated
2 ½ cups plain flour
1 tbs. ground ginger
1 tsp. mixed spice
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
How to make:
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour, ginger, mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Cut our gingerbread man shapes with cookie cutter and place onto baking trays. Repeat with any excess dough.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Decorate with Smarties and draw on gingerbread face, arms and legs with a skewer or blunt knife.
Download and print a copy of the Gingerbread Man Recipe
For more Christmas Activities <CLICK HERE>
Visit our Online Learning 4 Kids Shop
The Ultimate Christmas Printable Activity Pack – 100 pages and over 20 activity ideas