Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Recipe is beautiful, freshly scented play dough for the kids to play and create with this Christmas.
It has a blend of peppermint essence to mimic that of a candy cane which we all love at this time of the year.
To keep with the Christmas theme, the Minty Candy Cane Play Dough Recipe is also coloured green and speckled with red glitter.
What You Will Need?
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon Oil
50ml Peppermint Essence
½ Cup Salt
2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
Green Food Colouring
Tablespoon Red Glitter
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt, glitter and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, peppermint essence and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing with it.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Tip: If the play dough turns out a little sticky, sprinkle a small amount of plain flour onto the bench and knead until smooth and combined.
Click here to download and print this recipe – Printable Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Recipe
Click here to see how we play with the Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough: Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Ornaments
Click here for more PLAYDOUGH RECIPES
Click here for more CHRISTMAS activities & play idea
Available in our online shop:
Please click on the product name to view full product details.
The Ultimate Christmas Printable Activity Pack – 100 pages and over 20 re-usable activities.
6 thoughts on “Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Recipe”
Wonderful post! I think it would be fun to make red and white dough and twist it together, too. The green of your dough is brilliant, though. Mine usually turn out pastel.
I absolutely love the idea of mixing the different coloured play dough together to make play dough candy canes. We will definitely have to give this a try. Thanks 🙂
What a great sensory idea…i love seeing what else you do with playdough!!
I so need to make play dough don’t I?! Okay Janice, you’ve convinced me, off to the shops I go! xx
，Thank you so much ！Wonderful post!
thank you so much！