Recently we shared here on Learning 4 Kids a Bottle Top Soup Game and Miss 4 absolutely loved it. We extended the sensory play opportunity and by adding liquid soap to make our Sensory Bottle Top ‘Bubble’ Soup.
Children will love creating bubbles with a whisk and searching for the bottle tops as they disappear amongst the bubble foam.
What you will need?
You will need a large tub ¼ filled with water, approx. 40 bottle tops, a ladle, whisk plastic container, towel and shower gel (we used sensitive skin).
- Make bubbles by swishing the water around with your hands.
- Make bubbles using the whisk. Which one makes the most bubbles?
- Hide the bottle tops in the bubble and play search for the ‘red’ bottle tops. Continue with other colours.
- Try scooping out the hiding bottle tops in the bubbles.
- Balance the bottle tops on the edge of the container and fill them with bubbles.
Let’s play some more:
Swishing and swirling the whisk around in the water making lots of bubbles until all the bottles are hidden.
- Building up their fine motor skills and coordination
- Problem solving – finding strategies to overcome challenges.
- Encourages imagination and creativity
- Developing an understanding and awareness of cause and effect
- Language development- experimenting with language and trying new words.
- Self-esteem: sensory play offers kids the opportunity for self-expression because there is no right answer and children feel safe to change or experiment with what they are doing.
- Social skills: taking turns, communication and following directions.
For more BOTTLE TOP activities & play ideas <CLICK HERE>
For more SENSORY activities & play ideas <CLICK HERE>
1 thought on “Sensory Bottle Top ‘Bubble’ Soup”
Nooosssaa!!!! Amei esse site. As atividades são muito interessantes.