Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Recipe
This Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough is wonderful play dough for the kids to play with this Christmas. It has a blend of peppermint essence to mimic that of a candy cane which we all love at this time of the year. It is also coloured green and speckled with red glitter for a Christmassy colour theme.
What you will need?
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon Oil
50ml Peppermint Essence
½ Cup Salt
2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
Green Food Colouring
Tablespoon Red Glitter
How to make it?
- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt, glitter and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, peppermint essence and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing with it.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Tip: If the play dough turns out stick, sprinkle a small amount of plain flour onto the bench and knead until smooth and combined.
Click here to download and print this recipe - Printable Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Recipe
Click here for Activities using this Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough: Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Ornaments