- Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt, glitter and cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
- Add oil, food colouring, peppermint essence and water to dry ingredients.
- I use a whisk before heating as I find this helps remove lumps and blends the ingredients well.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until it becomes a thick blob.
- Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth blob.
- Allow the play dough to cool before playing with it.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.
Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough Recipe
Posted by December 13, 2012 4 Commentson
This Minty Candy Cane Scented Play Dough is wonderful play dough for the kids to play with this Christmas. It has a blend of peppermint essence to mimic that of a candy cane which we all love at this time of the year. It is also coloured green and speckled with red glitter for a Christmassy colour theme. What you will need? 1 Cup Plain Flour 1 Tablespoon Oil 200ml Water 50ml Peppermint Essence ½ Cup Salt 2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar Green Food Colouring Tablespoon Red Glitter How to make it?