Super easy salt dough recipe!! Salt Dough is a wonderful product that is used to create crafts, sculptures and ornaments. It is a simple recipe and can be easily made at home using 3 basic ingredients and then placed in the oven to dry out.
Click here to download and print: Printable Salt Dough Recipe
You will need?
1 cup salt
2 cups of flour
¾ cup of water
Salt dough is great form making ornaments. How to make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments?
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Turn the dough onto the bench and knead with your hands until smooth and combined.
- Make your creations using the salt dough.
- Place the salt dough creations into the oven at 180C. The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the salt dough creations.
Salt Dough Rainbow: once it has been dried out and hardened, it can be painted to make a homemade toy for kids to play with.
Tips & Ideas:
- Store your salt dough in an air tight container as it keeps well for a few days.
- You can paint your creations with acrylic paints and seal with varnish or polyurethane spray.
- Salt dough can also be aired dried and is an alternative to oven drying.
- Involve the kids in making the salt dough as this encourages and promotes so many learning opportunities, plus it is so much fun!
Visit our Learning 4 Kids Online Shop:
Please click on product names to view full product details.