How to Make Salt Dough Recipe?
This is a super easy Salt Dough Recipe. Salt Dough is a wonderful product that is used to create crafts, sculptures and ornaments. It can be easily made at home using 3 basic ingredients and then placed in the oven to dry out.
You can download and print this recipe here: Printable Salt Dough Recipe
What you will need?
A cup salt
2 cups of flour
¾ cup of water
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Turn the dough onto the bench and kneed with your hands until smooth and combined.
- Make your creations using the salt dough.
- Place the salt dough creations into the oven at 180C and then turn the heat down to slow bake. The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the salt dough creations.
Tips & Ideas:
- Store your salt dough in an air tight container as it keeps well for a few days.
- You can paint your creations with acrylic paints and seal with varnish or polyurethane spray.
- Salt dough can also be aired dried and is an alternative to oven drying.
- Involve the kids in making the salt dough as this encourages and promotes so many learning opportunities, plus it is so much fun!
Salt Dough Activities on Learning4kids & Around the Web:
- At Home with Ali – Salt Dough Boats
- Learning4kids – Salt Dough Christmas Decorations
- Adventures at Hone with Mum – Halloween Salt Dough Decorations
- Mummy Musings and Mayhem: Salt Dough Keepsakes
- My Little Bookcase – Christmas Decorations with Slinky Malinky