How to Make Salt Dough Recipe?
This is a super easy Salt Dough Recipe. Salt Dough is a wonderful product that is used to create crafts, sculptures and ornaments. It can be easily made at home using 3 basic ingredients and then placed in the oven to dry out.
You can download and print this recipe here: Printable Salt Dough Recipe
What you will need?
A cup salt
2 cups of flour
¾ cup of water
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Turn the dough onto the bench and kneed with your hands until smooth and combined.
- Make your creations using the salt dough.
- Place the salt dough creations into the oven at 180C. The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the salt dough creations.
Tips & Ideas:
- Store your salt dough in an air tight container as it keeps well for a few days.
- You can paint your creations with acrylic paints and seal with varnish or polyurethane spray.
- Salt dough can also be aired dried and is an alternative to oven drying.
- Involve the kids in making the salt dough as this encourages and promotes so many learning opportunities, plus it is so much fun!
Salt Dough Activities on Learning4kids & Around the Web:
- At Home with Ali – Salt Dough Boats
- Learning4kids – Salt Dough Christmas Decorations
- Adventures at Hone with Mum – Halloween Salt Dough Decorations
- Mummy Musings and Mayhem: Salt Dough Keepsakes
- My Little Bookcase – Christmas Decorations with Slinky Malinky